The One Where We Say Goodbye: The Death Of Matthew Perry

Friends is a sitcom show that first aired on September 22, 1994. However, there was a resurgence in popularity amongst Gen Z. Last month, an abrupt tragedy struck when Matthew Perry, one of the show’s main stars, passed away.

Junior, Jersey Broughton, said, “My favorite episode is when Rachel and Ross had their baby’s first birthday”.

Another junior, Desmond Jackson-Buford, said, ”Rachel Green was my favorite character”.

A security monitor here at Lake Shore High School, Leslie Houston stated,” I just loved the whole show, there are so many good episodes”.

A hall monitor here at Lake Shore High School, Shannon Palmer said”, She used to watch Friends all the time, and it’s very sad what happened to Matthew Perry ”.

Matthew Perry is one of the famous actors in Friends. Sadly, Perry was found in his hot tub at his home. Perry was a fan-favorite actor and people were very sad to hear about his death here at Lake Shore High School.

Security monitor, Leslie Houston said”, it was very shocking”.

Many people are in disbelief about his death, because it was such an unexpected occurrence. Perry did not want to be remembered for his show Friends, but for helping others.

“I would like to be remembered as somebody who lived well, loved well, was a seeker”, Perry said.

Perry did not want his sitcom Friends to be the first thing brought up in a conversation, he wanted to be remembered for more and he wanted to live the rest of his life proving that. Perry wanted to help people and that’s all he ever wanted.