Shorian’s Santa Discoveries

By now, we all know the secret of Santa Claus. Shorians shared their stories of how and who broke the news to them.

Most students said kids would talk about Santa being fake in elementary school.

Senior, Ella Mainhardt, shared that when she was younger kids in class said “You know he’s not real right?” She replied, “Oh yeah, I know!” She wanted to act like she knew in front of the other students.

Another senior, Dylan Brookshire said, “My friends were telling me in school, so then I went home and my mom broke it to me.”

Like many kids, this caused Brookshire to feel a rush of emotions.

While most kids found out the truth from hearing it at school, some were told by their parents and family members.

When student Brendan Dreisbach found out he was at his Christmas Eve dinner. His cousin Robbie was having a bad day and said, “Santa isn’t real. I hope you guys all know that.”

Mary August, senior, found out after discovering the truth about the Tooth Fairy. She said, “My sister and I were looking through my mom’s stuff and found a bag of our baby teeth. Then, we questioned everything.”

In some families, parents choose not to tell their kids about Santa. For example, senior Haylee Ramirez’s parents never told her there was a “Santa.”

When the students were little boys and girls they would question the existence of Santa. But, now, they all know the truth.