Kendrick V. Drake Debates

Kendrick V. Drake Debates

American rapper, Kendrick Lamar, and Canadian rapper, Drake, formally known as Aubrey Graham, have been playing out a brutal rap battle that escalated in March 2024 and has been big talk around Lake Shore High School. The war began after the release of “Like That” by Future, Metro Boomin, and Kendrick Lamar after Lamar was heard dissing Drake and J. Cole. The battle consists of 8 songs in total between the two of them.

These two artists’ creativity can be unmatchable, but Lake Shore Junior, Sophia Moyaert, says, “Kendrick’s songs have been way more creative and well thought out than Drake’s. He [Drake] had no shot of winning.” 

Lake Shore has been dead set on who the winner is in this battle. Students have agreed that the flow and direct nature of Lamar’s disses have been beating Drake’s songs since the beginning.

Another Lake Shore Junior, Mackenzie Pomeroy, says, “After Kendrick’s song “Not Like Us ”, we all knew Kendrick won. Drake went too far and his disses just didn’t hit the same as Kendrick’s.”

Drake has become the laughingstock of Lake Shore High School with photos drawn of him not only passing around but also on the walls of Lake Shore’s cafeteria. The majority of Lake Shore High School has agreed to crown Kendrick Lamar the winner of this rap battle.