The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Saying Goodbye to Our Seniors

As the school year ends here at Lake Shore, seniors are preparing their goodbyes. Amidst all the activities they partake in, from senior pranks and prom to graduation, they say goodbye to their whole 12 years of schooling to start a new chapter. Seniors Maddisyn Burnette and Annabella Misuraca talk about their adventures, with their time here ending, and their future that is just starting. 

Burnette said, “I’m sad about my senior year coming to an end, it’s exciting and scary because I don’t know what’s coming next.” 

Senior year brings a lot of added stress and worry into the picture, between the ending of the school year and trying to be strong walking across the stage. Realizing this could be their last summer truly at home, is a scary feeling but exciting to take in. 

Burnette said, “It was fun, but I really wanted to get it over with, and it was stressful.”

Even with being in school for the past twelve years, there is always a connection to be missed and things to be liked or disliked.

Burnette added, “But what I miss about high school is being with my close-knit group of friends and having fun with all of them together.”

This year, however, quite a few people seem to be taking their high school friends with them off to college, and they will be able to continue their friendships. It seems this year’s senior class friend group will never be forgotten. 

We can see how deep a connection is made, such as when Misuraca moved to the Lake Shore District. 

Misuraca said, “My high school experience was definitely better than I thought it would be. I came to Lake Shore my sophomore year from a Catholic school, and my idea of public school was a lot different than I thought it would be. I thought it would be stereotypical “mean girls” and popular kids, but Lake Shore is so “family-like,” and I ended up making friends with almost my whole class. High school was not scary to me anymore, but instead it was comforting, and seeing my friends and teachers every day really helped make me happy and motivated.”

Misuraca felt anxious as she entered Lake Shore, but left with a huge group of friends and happiness that will last a lifetime.

Misuraca said, “An intangible that Lake Shore has is their abundance of welcoming hall monitors. You typically don’t think hall monitors would be your favorite people but everyone at Lake Shore is so individually kind and caring for every student. Especially Jeff and Shannon, who act as my, and I’m sure everyone else’s, school mom and dad. They always make sure me and every student is safe and happy.”

Having a family within a school community is something that will forever be cherished, Lake Shore has these intangibles that make Lake Shore unique among so many schools. 

The years spent at Lake Shore are those to be forever cherished, from this year’s senior class to the next, the memories will forever be created.