The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Five Nights At Freddy’s Movie

The Five Nights at Freddy’s movie is coming out tomorrow; Are you ready?

Five Nights at Freddy’s has been a very popular and successful horror series of video games since it first came out in 2014. And now the movie comes out in theaters and on Peacock on the 27th of this month, The box office predicts the movie to make $33,000,000 – $42,000,000 in the first 3 days of release.

The Five Nights at Freddy’s movie is one hour and 50 minutes long and is produced by Blumhouse Productions and distributed by Universal Pictures, it also received a rating of PG-13. Some famous people in this movie are Josh Hutcherson, Matthew Lillard, and features CoryxKenshin (Cory Williams) a popular YouTuber who is from Michigan as revealed in the announcement trailer of the movie.

This movie has been in development hell for a very long time. Development of a Five Nights at Freddy’s movie began in April of 2015 and has gone through 2 directors and completely scrapped the script in 2018 and restarted.

The filmmakers have created full-size replicas of the infamous characters for the movie. The animatronics faces are controllable and a person can fit in the suit and control it. These suits will be in the movie and will give a real feel to the characters we’ll see on screen.

I’ve been asking many students around Lake Shore if they were going to watch it and many people said they would but not everyone is going to the theaters to watch it, many are going to watch it at home on Peacock on or near the release date.

It seems like the hype for this movie is real and people actually want to watch it which is not that surprising because this franchise was very popular when we were younger. The nostalgia is increasing the current popularity.