Christmas Movie Classics

Christmas movies are a very important part of celebrating the holiday. There are so many of these movies and every single one of them is enjoyed. We conducted a survey and students and staff here at Lake Shore all had different opinions but there was a couple movies that seemed more commonly enjoyed than others. 

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation was a very commonly liked movie across the school. Many said it was for funny holiday humor and its timeless one-liners known by many who love this film. 

The original Grinch movie was also very commonly liked by students and staff. This movie was liked mainly because it was a childhood classic for many. The original How The Grinch Stole Christmas movie from 1966 has been a staple in movie classics for the holiday season in children and adults. 

One of the most common responses was Elf. Out of the 35 people surveyed, 11 people decided Elf was their favorite. This movie is loved for many reasons. Will Ferrell is starring in this movie and his character in this movie, Buddy The Elf, is adored around the world for his silly elf-like behavior and love for Christmas cheer. 

Holiday movies are always enjoyed and these three were Lake Shores favorites. Students gave us many reasons why these movies were their favorites. Many had connections to their childhood and many also had connections to their parents or grandparents.