The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Art Club Murals

Art Club is a wonderful way for people to express themselves.  At the moment, the main focus of the club is creating artistic murals for the school. Since Lake Shore is under construction right now, the club decided to make use of the temporary walls to showcase our talent and to hopefully spread a little joy. 

For the first couple of weeks, the art club decided what kind of murals to work on. The members formed two groups to work on murals on each side of a hallway. The first idea that someone suggested was painting a monster that pops out at you with a sailboat in the back. The other mural idea was a free-for-all, and they painted cute shapes and designs. 

So far, both of these murals are beautiful and look amazing. The Art Club couldn’t be happier. I wanted to get some opinions about the process of painting the murals, so I spoke to some of the members who are currently in the club.

Paloma Aguirre, who is a sophomore at Lake Shore said, “The mural originally was supposed to be like an illusion to look like the hallway is just continuing, but we scrapped that and decided to just make a sort of arcade carpet look or vibe. I just like painting and getting to work on a bigger art piece compared to what I’ve done alone in the past.”

Hannah Flynn, a senior at Lake Shore, shared some fun details. She said, “My favorite part about getting to work on the murals is getting to work and getting to know the other people in the Art Club and just being able to get something done for the school.” 

Flynn continued, “I am working on both the murals which are the monster and the abstract one. I feel like the abstract brings some color into the hallway where we kind of need it. I like the monster one because I feel like it kind of represents our mascot in a different way and brings us back into the theme of the water.” 

Flynn also said, “We should be getting this finished before Christmas break.” 

It will be exciting to see the final product of the Art Club’s hard work. Hopefully, these beautiful murals can bring joy to students, especially during the holiday season.