Top 10 Romantic Movies for Valentine’s

Here are my top 10 romantic movies for you and your significant other to snuggle together and watch on Valentine’s, or if you are just in the mood for a really good romantic movie this list is also for you.

1. Beauty and the Beast

Info: [G ‧ Musical/Fantasy ‧ 1h 24m ‧ 1991]

summary:

An arrogant young prince and his castle’s servants fall under the spell of a wicked enchantress, who turns him into the hideous Beast until he learns to love and be loved in return. The spirited, headstrong village girl Belle enters the Beast’s castle after he imprisons her father Maurice. With the help of his enchanted servants, including the matronly Mrs. Potts, Belle begins to draw the cold-hearted Beast out of his isolation.

2. LaLa Land

Info: [PG-13 ‧ Musical/Romance ‧ 2h 8m ‧ 2016]

Summary:

Sebastian and Mia are drawn together by their common desire to do what they love, but as success mounts, they are faced with decisions that begin to fray the fragile fabric of their love affair. Now, the dreams they worked so hard to maintain in each other threaten to rip them apart.

3. Titanic

Info: [PG-13 ‧ Romance/Adventure ‧ 3h 15m ‧ 1997]

summary:

Titanic is an epic, action-packed romance set against the ill-fated maiden voyage of the R.M.S. Titanic- the pride and joy of the White Star Line and, at the time, the largest moving object ever built. She was the most luxurious liner of her era – the “ship of dreams” – which ultimately carried over 1,500 people to their death in the ice-cold waters of the North Atlantic in the early hours of April 15, 1912.

4. The Notebook

Info: [PG-13 ‧ Romance/Comedy ‧ 2h 1m ‧ 2004] 

Summary:

In 1940s South Carolina, mill worker Noah Calhoun, and rich girl Allie are desperately in love, but her parents don’t approve. When Noah goes off to serve in World War II, it seems to mark the end of their love affair. In the interim, Allie becomes involved with another man, when Noah returns to their small town years later, on the cusp of Allie’s marriage, it soon becomes clear that their romance is anything but over.

1. Crazy, Stupid, Love

Info: [PG-13 ‧ Comedy/Romance ‧ 2011]   

Summary:

Cal Weaver is living the American dream. He has a good job, a beautiful house, great children, and a beautiful wife, named Emily. However, Cal’s seemingly perfect life unravels when he learns that Emily has been unfaithful and wants a divorce. Over 40 and suddenly single, Cal is adrift in the fickle world of dating. Enter Jacob Palmer, a self-styled player who takes Cal under his wing and teaches him how to be a hit with the ladies.

6. (500) Days of Summer

Info: [PG-13 ‧ Comedy/Romance ‧ 1h 35m ‧ 2009]

Summary:

Tom, a greeting card writer and hopeless romantic, is caught completely off-guard when his girlfriend, Summer, suddenly dumps him. He reflects on their 500 days together to try to figure out where their love affair went sour, and in doing so, Tom rediscovers his true passions in life.

7. Say Anything

Info: [PG-13 ‧ Comedy/Romance ‧ 1h35m ‧ 2009]

Summary:

In a charming, critically acclaimed tale of first love, Lloyd, an eternal optimist, seeks to capture the heart of Diane, an unattainable high-school beauty and straight-A student. It surprises just about everyone when she returns the sentiment, but Diane’s overly possessive, divorced father doesn’t approve, and it will take more than the power of love to conquer all.

8. Ever After

Info: [PG ‧ Romance/Comedy ‧ 2h 1m ‧ 1998]

Summary:

This updated adaptation of the classic fairytale tells the story of Danielle, a vibrant young woman who is forced into servitude after the death of her father. Danielle’s stepmother Rodmilla is a heartless woman who forces Danielle to do the cooking and cleaning, while she tries to marry off her own two daughters. Danielle’s life takes a wonderful turn when she meets the charming Prince Henry.

9. Anyone But You

Info: [R ‧ Comedy/Romance ‧ 1h 43m ‧ 2023]

Summary:

Despite an amazing first date, Bea and Ben’s initial attraction quickly turns sour. However, when they unexpectedly find themselves at a destination wedding in Australia, they pretend to be the perfect couple to keep up appearances.

10. Set it up

Info: [TV-MA ‧ Romance/Comedy ‧ 1h 45m ‧ 2018]

summary:

Two overworked and underpaid assistants come up with a plan to get their bosses off their backs by setting them up with each other.