The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom: A Review

Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom: A Review

The highly anticipated Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom was released on December 22, 2023. The movie is about Black Manta the evil villain in the movie wanting revenge on Aquaman for his father’s death. He wields the power of the black trident, giving him the ability to almost defeat Aquaman by making a deal with a man like a devil when he brings the black trident together.

To defend Atlantis and the world, Aquaman freed his brother Orm and the former king out of prison to form an alliance to take Black Manta down and setting aside their differences. They join together to protect the kingdom of Atlantis and seven other kingdoms. 

I had the pleasure of watching Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom; here is my review. I have enjoyed watching the first Aquaman movie and have been anticipating watching the second film since it was released in December 2023. 

As I reflect on the movie, it shows me that sometimes in life you can’t handle everything on your own no matter how powerful or how strong you are. You will encounter the need for help rather than friends or family; it’s ok to be accountable for your actions and be a mature individual to apologize when you have done something wrong to someone. Understanding that retaliation willn’t solve a problem but makes matters worse especially when allowing anger and pain to direct your process of thinking.

Sometimes individuals will not always agree with your decisions or choices but if you feel positive about it then stand firm because that decision/choice could make a difference in having things better as Aqua Man did in the film against the counsel.

Zoey Wade, junior, said, “It was an action-packed movie and Aquaman did a good job and it was suspenseful.”  I love the action in the movie it was incredible and the graphics were amazing it was truly an experience.