Development Of Lake Shore Basketball

Lake Shore’s Varsity Basketball Team had a rough season. When looking back at the season, there would be many opportunities to win more games. Head Coach, Mike Jackson, has a vision on how his team can make those changes in order to have a more successful season next year. 

Jackson has a solution to the intangibles his team desires.

He said, “Definitely rebounding, something we can fix easily, that will solve 50% of our issues, turnovers also, it’s okay though we had a first year guard, I think we will be second in the conference easily if we fix those two problems right there.”

Jackson also claimed that his team needs to be in the gym, “Way more.” 

Jackson always finds a way to help his team battle through the struggles of adversity.

“I try to keep encouraging them, showing them games we should have won, trying to not beat them up so much and keep them at 100%, praising when they did good, showing them their mistakes and making sure they correct them,” he said.

According to Jackson, his team is based upon the core values of communication, showing up, and getting through injuries.

Jackson expects his captains to, “Do what they’ve been doing,” and to, “Make sure they communicate.” 

Jackson also makes it clear that being a leader, “means everything, not just on the court.” 

Jackson is ready for the competition next season.

“We haven’t had a schedule put out yet, but we are looking forward to a stronger schedule, because I think we are good and will for sure be winning a lot more games.”

As the Shorians head to the playoffs, we look ahead to what can be achieved next year!