The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Grease: How’s it going?

As the excitement builds and the countdown to opening night decreases, the cast and crew of the school musical, Grease, are working with excitement to get their lines and dance moves together. 

“The musical is going wonderfully!” Ellie Mitchener-Rubino, sophomore, said with enthusiasm. 

With his infectious energy, it’s evident that he’s fully immersed in the joy of the production. Portraying Eugene, he embodies the charm of his character. 

“My favorite part of the musical is everything. It’s so fun,” Mitchener-Rubino says.

Freshman, Tyson Taylor’s journey with the musical has been a revelation. “I feel like we had a nice head start and I feel like we are on track. I’m having a lot of fun. This is a great time. It’s a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I’m having a lot of fun with the people here and I think a lot more people should join it next year,” he said. 

As Vince Fontaine, he adds flair and charisma to the stage. His favorite part is the dance scene at prom; where he gets to showcase his moves and soak in the electrifying atmosphere.

Sophomore, Leo Louwers’ perspective reflects the spirit of the ensemble. “The musical is going quite splendidly,” he said. As part of the ensemble, he fits seamlessly into each scene. His favorite moments include the songs and dances, where he shares the stage with his dance partner.

For, sophomore, Allie Dallas, the musical marks a new chapter in his journey. “I’m having a lot of fun, this is my first time really being in a musical,” he said. As part of the ensemble, Dallas adds depth and energy to the stage. His favorite part is the hand jive scene, where he gets to move to the rhythm of the music.

Behind the scenes, Director Raymond Filipeck navigates the difficulties of production with a blend of excitement and anticipation. “Everything on the stage is going well,” he said, though he admits to occasional moments of stress. Yet, his dedication and vision ensure that the show progresses smoothly towards its grand finale.

The cast and crew are fully dedicated to the musical, putting all their heart and soul into it, creating an atmosphere of fellowship that can be felt by everyone around.

Make sure you mark your calendar for the highly anticipated opening night of the Lake Shore High School auditorium event on May 16th, which is scheduled to start at 7 PM sharp. You definitely won’t want to miss it! 

Link to Tickets Here