The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Unaffiliated Water Wars

With spring kicking off, Water Wars are back in action! This event is not affiliated with Lake Shore High School, but something that students organize together. Senior Water War Administrators Bella Figurski and Lillian Cabler have a vast amount of opinions on the play of the game. 

Figurski said, “One pro of being an admin is being able to set as many rules as possible to make sure Water Wars are safe, fun, and respectful for those participating. On the other side of it, loopholes can always be found and a lot of arguing ensues between teams.” 

Figurski’s role as an administrator is to make sure to set rules to make the game as entertaining and safe as possible for all participants. Figurski tries her best to keep teams calm as there are loopholes between the rules that ensure argument.

Cabler said, “There are also many cons. Everyone arguing with that I could never imagine arguing with, lying, and everyone being disrespectful. Me and Bella have had to switch some rules as things happen because no one has played this before and it’s really hard to tell what should and shouldn’t be allowed.”

Cabler enjoys being an administrator, but the cons outweigh the pros. Cabler is stressed out from the arguing between teams. Cabler is trying her best to keep teams in order and setting rules in place to keep the game fair as none of these participants have ever played before.  

Figurski said, “The way to keep Water Wars safe is by making sure if someone is driving that they can not be eliminated unless the car is in park. Also making sure you have permission to go on your target’s property and staying off premises you are not permitted to be on like personal businesses or people’s work locations.”

Figurski is using these rules to avoid trouble with authorities and keep the game in order with all participants happy. 

Figurski ended off with, “There have been issues with rule changes, it’s hard because there are new scenarios everyday that you don’t initially think of to the point where new rules need to be added to avoid chaos.”

Figurski is on top of the game, instating new rules every round with confusing scenarios that are bound to happen as if it is a crazy game. 

As the school year is wrapping up, seniors are enjoying it with a blast!