The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

New College Advisor at Lake Shore

What are your plans after graduation? Do you plan on going right into the workforce? Are you planning on continuing your education at a college or University?  How about going to a Trade School? You may feel overwhelmed with the options that you have.  You probably even feel stressed at deciding where to begin this next chapter of your life.  Look no further than down the hall in Lake Shore’s Counselors Office and ask for Ms. Kara Tanski.

Kara Tanski is the new college advisor and is eager to help you in many ways as you plan and prepare you for post graduation.  

Tanksi was excited to come to Lake Shore.  After graduating from East Detroit High School, she went to Michigan State University, graduating in May 2023.  She knew she wanted to be a college advisor, and Lake Shore happened to have an open position.

After looking for College Advising positions, she said, “I would like to go to Lake Shore, so I applied here, interviewed with the Principal, and…it’s the best place to be.”

Tanksi majored in Public Policy with a focus in Education and wanted the opportunity to work in a school. Being a college advisor can be challenging but Tanski is committed to assisting any student who seeks her help.

She states, “I was a first generation (college) student and nobody helped me.  And so I wanted to be able to help people so I can get you guys money to go to school.”

When asked what she likes about Lake Shore, she states, “It’s definitely the staff and the students.  Everyone has been very welcoming… and everyone seems to be really excited that I am here!”

Outside of school, Tanski likes to play with her beagle, Benny. She enjoys going  on walks and hiking.  She loves astrology!  She likes to go to concerts and most recently saw Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran, and worked at the Taylor Swift concert.

Overall, Tanksi wants to do what’s best for Lake Shore and help students find their path after high school.