The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Basketball Season Preview

The basketball season is already under way and the Shorians are off to a strong start with wins against Marine City, Lutheran North and rival school, Lakeview. 

This year’s team has a lot of returning players, some of those players being Drew Maison, Brendan Manor, Ja’sean Dean, Luke Lemkey, Chris Mccoy, Steven Likins, Dea and Adam Rach. They have high hopes for this season so here are some of their expectations.

Maison, senior, said, “I think as a team we grew a lot from last year  and expect to grow a lot  more and more with a strong  foundation of players and coaches from now to many years to come.”

Maison is a returning member of the team, but last season he sustained an injury taking him out the majority of the season. So, this year isn’t just a big year for the team but an important year for him since it is his last at Lake Shore.

With the numerous games left in the season, players are excited for the season ahead and their chance to win the conference or districts. Here is what some of the players are looking forward to this year. 

Steven Likins, junior, said, “I think we’re capable of winning the MAC blue, we’ve gotten a lot better since last year.”

The MAC blue is the division that Lake Shore plays in and it is the third highest division in the MAC. In order to win the MAC blue Lake Shore needs to have the best record and doing this isn’t going to be easy considering the teams Lake Shore faces this season. 

De´Angelo White, senior, said, “The team that looks like our biggest obstacle I would say, Utica and Chandler Park Academy. Chandler Park Academy has a solid team, also it’s in an environment where we aren’t very familiar with. Utica won the conference last year and are bringing back most of their players.”

White is another returning player but for him last year he was unable to play because of the transfer rules making him sit out a year, so like Maison, senior year is a big deal for him.

Lake Shore struggled last year, but they’ve also had successful seasons in the past, so this season the Shorians are looking to have a great year.