Shorian Lacrosse Commits

For most young athletes, their athletics come to a close after their senior year. You may play your last down, your final out, your last couple minutes, but only 7% of high school athletes go on to play sports in college.

Senior, Daniel Young, has committed to play lacrosse for Indiana Tech University.

He said, “It’s a smaller school that fits me best with a really good lacrosse program.”

Signing with a college can be a big deal. Every year, Lake Shore hosts a signing day. This is a day that coaches from colleges can come to the school and do their signings with the athletes that they have been in contact with. No matter what sport or what division the college is, they can come and do the signings.

“I also received offers from Trine University, Sienna Heights, Madonna, Grand Valley, and more, but I’m going to ITU with a couple of friends as well, ” Young stated.

Senior Isaac Moses, has also committed to ITU to play lacrosse.

Moses said, “I went to the prospect camp, and I just fell in love with the campus and felt like I connected with the team.”

Moses also received an offer from Tiffin University located in Ohio, but decided to attend ITU with Young.

Moses and Young have both played lacrosse with the St. Clair Shores Unified team for multiple years and have developed a friendship that will continue through college. As they head down to Indiana Tech, we wish them luck in their future endeavors.

View Comments (1)