Grease Lightning Strikes: A Rockin’ Opening Night of the Iconic Musical.

The cast list for Lake Shore’s rendition of Grease the Musical has finally been released.

Many students at Lake Shore have come together to try out for a part in the play; including Charlie Roberts, Brielle Starks, Ashley Geib, Genny Zielinski, Lauren Maciejewski, Chris Foster, and Jimmy Sheen. 

Grease is a commonly loved movie from 1978. Our students will be recreating it with Raymond Filipek as the director. 

James Sheen, junior, said “I LOVE RAYMOND FILIPEK!  He puts on a very good and engaging show for the audience and makes our time in rehearsals fun. I am very much looking forward to starting production for Grease to see all of his new and great ideas.” 

Junior, Ashley Geib, said, “Yes! Ray did a phenomenal job last year, and I know that he will do great things with this show.” 

Many of these students love having Filipek as their director, they are excited to see his ideas and plans for the play. 

Adelia Nasi, a senior at Lake Shore High School explains that she didn’t always have an interest in the arts. She said, “I have not always been interested in acting or singing, at least in front of others. When my mother and I found out last year that the school would be doing Beauty and the Beast for the musical I had a feeling that I wanted to try out. My mother was a theater kid and encouraged me to do it.”

Sheen has a strong interest in the theater. He said, “Yes, I have for as long as I can remember, but I can’t remember when I got cast in my first play. I was always looking forward to it though.”

Genny Zielinski shows enthusiasm about her interest in 2theater, “Yes, I’ve been in theater since 5th grade! I love the performing arts, so musicals are second nature to me. I’m also in guard and choir!”

Geib explains, “Yes, I’ve been interested in acting since elementary school and it’s always been a huge part of my life. I even want to pursue it after high school.”

Most of the cast has been interested in theater since they were little kids, practicing and trying their hardest to get where they are today. The cast is very excited about the play and can’t wait to show everyone what they are capable of. 

View Comments (1)