Decision Day for the Shorians

Coming along with our new college advisor, Karah Tanski, is the national day of celebration for the future of seniors. All Seniors will be there on May 10th to see their peers choices and plans. 

Tanski said, “Decision day is a nationwide thing and Lake Shore missed out because there wasn’t a college advisor.”

This is the first year we will be having it since the addition of an advisor. Students who have committed to college will wear spirit wear from their future school. Other kids will be able to see where their classmates are going and might have some ideas sparked for their own future. 

This day represents celebrating our future and what we are planning to do ahead of our tenure in the American schooling system. Tanski said, “The day represents things in the future and celebrating things to come instead of like graduation celebrating things in the past.” 

It will be a day filled with highs and lows. There will be exciting conversations about what people have in store for themselves and there will be ruminating on past childhood memories that seniors have made together. 

For the people who still aren’t sure what they want to do, it will still be a fun experience and a time to spend with your closest friends. The people who aren’t going to college or even into a trade are still heartened to come and talk about what their plans are. 

This is for all students, regardless of their plans, even those who don’t have one yet Everyone finds out what they want to do at different times in different places, so don’t miss out on a nice day with your!