The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Super Bowl Predictions

The NFL’s regular season is over, leaving us with the final standings, and who is in or out of the playoffs.  This year, the NFC’s playoff teams are the 49ers at the one-seed, Cowboys at the two, Lions at the three, Buccaneers at the four, Eagles at the five, Rams at the six, and the Packers at the seven. In the AFC, the teams are the one-seed Ravens, the two-seed Bills, Chiefs at the three, Texans at four, Browns at five, Dolphins at six, and Steelers at seven. The current favorites to make it to the Super Bowl are the Ravens and the 49ers, but let’s see who our Shorians believe have what it takes.

Prior to the games on the 13th, 14th, 15th, 20th, and the 21st, Ethan Poxon and Isaac Moses had some Super Bowl matchups in mind.

Poxon, senior, said, “Lions and Browns.”

On the 13th, the Browns played the Texans and got beaten 45 to 14, ruining Poxon’s prediction.

Moses, senior, said, “Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl, and the lions.”

The Chiefs won their game against the Dolphins 26 to 7, and the Buffalo Bills 27 to 24. While the Lions also beat the Rams , and the Buccaneers, leaving his prediction intact.

The teams that are already ruled as strong contenders for the Super bowl normally have the best spot in the playoffs; however, there are teams that surprise us every year. These are some teams that Shorians believe that shouldn’t be taken lightly.

Dante Messina, senior, said, ”The Lions are actually a good pick.”

The Lions are having their best season in over 30 years, and seem to be making history every week. Also, winning against the Buccaneers has given them a spot in the NFC championship and they need to beat the 49ers to go to the Super Bowl.

Having an underdog team also leaves you a good team that choked at some point. Here are some teams Shorians think are going to throw away their chance to go all the way.

Ayden Heuer, senior, said, ”The Eagles are cooked, and with Purdy’s inexperience, and the exposure by the Ravens, the 49ers could definitely get upset by someone like the Lions.”

The Eagles did in fact lose their game, 32 to 9, against a team that probably shouldn’t have beat them. However, after the 49ers played the Ravens in the regular season, many people have doubts on the 49ers performing in the playoffs. This leaves teams like the Lions a strong chance in making it to the Super Bowl. 

View Comments (1)