The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Anyone But You

Anyone But You

The rom-com “Anyone but You” was released to theaters on December 22, 2023. This movie stars the very popular Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell. This movie follows the trope of enemies to lovers and fake dating. “Anyone but You” explores the complexities of love and hate, giving watchers a good laugh and at the same time making them fall in love. 

This film follows Bea, played by Sydney Sweeny as she explores her first relationship after her failed engagement to her childhood sweetheart. It is a classic tale of the heart wanting what it wants even when all signs point her back to her ex-fiance she is just falling harder for her newfound love.

The male role in this story is Ben, played by Glen Powell. Throughout the film you see Ben trying to act like he doesn’t care about much but is torn between his ex-girlfriend and his current love interest Bea. 

The cinematography of this movie is amazing. Each frame is carefully composed with vibrant colors and beautiful landscapes that complement the emotional depth of the story. 

The movie and the main leads Sweeny and Powell were nominated for the People Choice Awards. The film was nominated for Comedy Movie of the Year and both leads for the Comedy Movie Star of the Year

The movie gained a lot of popularity through the popular social media app TikTok when many young people made videos of the main song in the movie “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield. 

Overall Anyone but You had very mixed reviews with 51% on Rotten Tomatoes and 3.7/5 stars on Google,  Although some say this is the best rom-com since the classic movie “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days”. 

I think Anyone But You was a very funny rom-com and had very good plotlines. The cast was also amazing. 

Lilly Cabler, senior at Lake Shore said, “Anyone but You was very cute and silly.”

Isabella Hopkins, sophomore, said, “It was a good watch but the storyline was confusing because of how it was skipping to months later every other scene.”