Track Conditioning

Spring Sports Slowly Arrive
Track+Conditioning

Believe it or not, spring is just around the corner, and with spring, comes spring sports. For Lake Shore, Track conditioning has officially started. Conditioning is a time for students interested in track to prepare themselves mentally and physically for the sport. It’s interesting to see what students have to say about the conditioning and track itself. 

Natalie Kelly and Kehara Shabazz, juniors, both said that they have been running track since the 8th grade. For about three years, their interest in the sport has never faded. They worked hard mentally and physically to continue their ambitions. 

It’s good to have something small to work on before you get to the actual position. Shabazz says, “It has helped me prepare for track season by getting my body back in shape, and improving my stamina.”

Kelly says, “It helps get my body ready to run and workout again.” Track conditioning is supposed to help develop your body for the future. It helps by building strength, muscle, and exercise routine.

Even though conditioning is about work and focus, what is something the students really enjoy about it? What is their favorite thing or part about it?

Shabazz, “My favorite thing about conditioning is being able to workout with all of my teammates again.”

Kelly adds, “My favorite thing about it is being back with all my track friends again,” Apparently, company and friendship is the most enjoyable part. Being able to have a friend or someone you know while working mentally and physically is amazing. 

While some argue that the conditions add an element of challenge and skill, many others advocate for better maintenance to ensure safety and fairness in competition. Regardless of where opinions fall, the quality of the track can significantly impact the outcome of the experience of the participants. It’s clear that the community’s passion for sports is the common ground that unites everyone involved.

For people who would like to join the conditioning, there are meetings held in the weight room, with Coach Phillips, every Tuesday and Thursday, from 3:15 to 4:00.