The Overworked Shorian

Have you ever wondered how some teenagers do it? Get through an entire day of school just to go to work right after. How do they manage it all? Are they failing any classes? Are they stressed? 

Aaliyah Werth said, “Yes, I feel stressed.” 

Tessa Bible said, “ It makes it hard to be able to have time for both. I tend to work later at night, so I often don’t have time to do my homework.”

It’s very hard to maintain two things that take up pretty much your entire day. Most people like to have some time to themselves to relax, but these students are not allowed that time since they are so busy. 

These hard workers have figured out solutions to their problems. They find out ways to make their stressful work days easier. It takes a lot to figure these things out. Am I going to take my homework to work with me? Will I get any sleep tonight or will I have to do my homework? Will I be tired in the morning at school?

Werth said, “Asking five minutes before the bell.”

Bible said, “Writing out my time schedule for the week. Setting alarms to remind me and bringing my work stuff to school with me.”

These students should be praised for their ability to overcome such challenges because it is not easy. They have many things on their plates but they don’t let it stop them, they are determined to get through it. 

Finally, the life of being a high school student as well as an employee is difficult and stressful. But, there are many solutions to these challenges, you just have to find them. Different things work others.