The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Hype Of Womens College Basketball

Women’s College Basketball is on the rise. People tend to push it aside and watch the men’s play, but this year, the game is on fire with much more talent than seen before and everyone is looking forward to the competition. 

De’Angelo White, senior and varsity basketball player, said, “I feel like both players (Caitlin Clark and Paige Bueckers) have helped make Women’s College Basketball more popular starting with Clark, her shooting from NBA range is something we haven’t seen before in the women’s game. Bueckers on the other hand, although she’s also a good shooter, her handle and ability to get to the rim sets her apart from other women’s players.”

White believes that Clark and Bueckers are the reason women’s basketball has surpassed such a huge audience over these past years.

White also highlighted that, “In a way I do believe women’s college basketball has become more entertaining than the mens because of the known players such as Clark, Bueckers, Reese and more, they have created rivalries which are bringing more fans to the table, they are revolutionizing the women’s game in a way.” 

White thinks that these talented women’s players have revolutionized the women’s game and are making a turning point for the fans and game as a whole.

White believes it’s better that women cannot enter the WNBA Draft until their junior year because “It gives the opportunity for players to create chemistry with their teammates and build a legacy at a school which you don’t see very many mens players do these days.”

As a whole, the game of Women’s College Basketball is revolutionizing and is gaining more and more fans every year. The National Championship game alone,had more viewers than last year’s NBA Finals Series!