3rd Annual March Madness Returns to Lake Shore

Spencer Olesky, Staff Writer

On Wednesday, March 11th, at the Lake Shore High School gym, the Lake Shore Foundation will be presenting a March Madness tournament to raise money for the district. Staff members are going to be participating from Lake Shore High School, North Lake High School, Kennedy Middle School, Violet Elementary, Rodgers Elementary, and Masonic Heights Elementary, to compete in a head to head series of basketball games.

This year is going to be the Lake Shore Foundation’s 3rd annual March Madness. So far, Lake Shore High School has been undefeated in the championship every time, with last year’s runner up being North Lake and Rodgers as a conjoined team. Let’s see how it goes this March.

The first game will be North Lake and Masonic Heights as a conjoined team versus Rodgers and Violet as a conjoined team as well. The second game will be Lake Shore High School versus Kennedy Middle School.

The staff members and teachers participating in March Madness from Lake Shore High School are Janelle Bross, Michelle Anderson, Jackie Phillips, Jenny Spoerl, Todd Stevens, Chris Gwozdz, Will Puvalowski, and Matt Wood.

The games start at 6:30 p.m. and the seats will fill up fast, so get there sooner rather than later and find a seat with your friends and family. The tickets are $5 for an adult, $12 for a family, and $3 for a student. You can get your tickets from Robin Gill in the Athletic Department Office or before the game at the commons’ front entrance door.

The concessions will be open and are going to have a wide variety of beverages, candy, and tasty food to eat and drink.

If you are not into basketball, you can still go and have a good time. The Masonic Heights Choir and a spirit team from each elementary school will be performing. There will also be 50/50 raffles and bucket raffles where you win lottery tickets, candy, games, and more.

Don’t want to go alone? We encourage all Shorians to bring family members or friends to this district-wide event. It’s always a fun time  cheering and being a proud member of Lake Shore 

All of the schools from the Lake Shore School District will be there so it will be the perfect opportunity to see some of your past teachers and principals from the elementary schools or middle school. Maybe you can even see if your elementary school principal can recognize you.

There is also going to be a Ford Drive 4 UR School event before and during the games. Spectators will be able to test drive a new Ford in the school parking lot and get your chance to not only win $300,000 for your school, but also a $100 Visa card for yourself.

So, Shorians, make sure to not only go out and enjoy an interesting basketball tournament with all your favorite teachers but also support our outstanding district. Good luck to everyone tonight, and may the best school win!