The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Favorite Fast Food and Chains Holiday Treats

Every year, once the holidays come around, there are all sorts of holiday drinks or desserts released from places like Starbucks, Tim Hortons, or Dairy Queen. 

The most popular place for these holiday treats would be Starbucks. 

“I am a fiend for my peppermint mochas from Starbucks,” Ashley Geib, a sophomore at Lake Shore High School, said. 

When I went to Starbucks, my favorite drink would also be the Peppermint Mocha. As for my mom, she really enjoyed the Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte. I liked the peppermint mocha because I tend to like chocolate-flavored things, and the mocha really matches and balances out with the peppermint.  

The most popular flavor for these holiday treats would be peppermint, with the Chick-fil-A Peppermint Chip Milkshake being one of my favorites. I always like the seasonal Chick-fil-A drinks or milkshakes and really enjoyed this one. 

McDonald’s holiday pie is different compared to what you usually see. Well, it does have a slight Christmas cookie taste and look, it’s cream filling has more of a light eggnog taste. As someone who doesn’t tend to enjoy eggnog as a flavor, it was still decently good and I would get it again. The cream had a subtle eggnog flavor that just barely poked through the normal sweetness of plain cream filling. 

There are so many that participate in this holiday treat tradition that sometimes it can be hard to even remember all the places that might have peppermint this or sugar cookie that. 

For example, this year Shake Shack has a holiday shake trio themed after the new movie Trolls Band Together. The shake flavors are sugar cookie, chocolate peppermint, and cinnamon roll. 

Another place that has many holidays would be IHOP, with not only a few different pancakes but also gingersnap milkshakes and hot chocolate. 

Overall I don’t think you can go wrong with a holiday treat, the classic flavors are always enjoyable this time of year and helps get everybody into the holiday spirit.