Reduced Schedules

Reduced+Schedules

As the new semester approaches, seniors who have the required amount of credits can opt out of extra elective classes that would give them more credits than the necessary amount required to graduate. Luckily, Lake Shore High School is offering a reduced scheduling option allowing students to end their school day early. This lets students get to their jobs earlier or even get a nap in before work. Students have this to say about Lake Shores’ reduced scheduling. 

Reduced scheduling is offered to students who qualify with enough credits. Senior Joslyn Johnson said “I wish I had a reduced schedule so I could sleep in before my classes start.” The later start would help her get a little more sleep in than usual, which for her, that would be amazing!

Lake Shore student Brady Nicholl said “man sleeping after school before work would be awesome.” For him, the early dismissal after the first three hours would free up close to 4 hours of time. That is plenty of time to do almost anything you would need to but for Brady, this will allow him to get some rest before heading to the job site.

Nathaniel DeCoopman had this to say about the reduced scheduling option, “I had the opportunity to take reduced scheduling in the morning, but I would rather have my first three electives with you.” DeCoopman didn’t take this option because his interests at school are more important to him. 

Shorians are extremely excited about the reduced scheduling option, many say it would create an amazing time gap in their day to complete a number of things outside of school. To the school this is an easy way to help send students off to their adult life by giving them a little more freedom.