Shorians And Their Semester Reflections

2023 just came to an end which means it’s also the end of the first semester meaning we are halfway through the school year here at Lake Shore High School. There’s a variety of different classes for each grade and also each student depending on what interests you the most. From art to gym to off-campus classes that we don’t offer at Lake Shore, along with early college. 

Each student may find interest in something someone else may not and some classes may also help you to decide your career path. By interviewing some students some semester reflections were recommending some classes for other students and also some classes some students wish we had to offer. 

Leasia Johnson, junior, is not taking any electives this semester but is involved with early college.

Johnson says, ¨I am taking Medical Terminology and Intro to Psychology,¨ which is helping her decide what she wants to do when she is older.

In these classes, she learns about the body, how it works, and the medical terms for that. Johnson says she wishes they had a cooking class to offer at Lake Shore. 

Hannah Houth, junior, is most interested in taking Spanish 4. Houth says, ¨I recommend Spanish because you can learn another language and it’s good.¨ She wishes they had more medical classes like nursing to offer at Lake Shore which she finds to be very interesting and would like to learn more about. 

Logan Kutschke, sophomore, is currently taking Building Renovations which helped him decide he would like to do this in the future for a living and recommends taking it.

He says he has learned ¨how to hang drywall and build a house.¨ He would like to take Autotech. Kutschke says he wishes they had a Welding class option to take at Lake Shore. 

Macie Palacios, senior is currently taking Greek Mythology, Adulting, and Yearbook which she recommends the most,

¨It is really fun.¨ Palacios says.

She is also taking Psychology. Palacios says, ¨I like all of them they are all very different, I learn a lot from each of them and all of them are just good environments and I like my schedule this semester.¨

She took AP Psychology last year and this year is taking regular Psychology which she enjoyed and would like to go into that field. In that class, you learn about different parts of the brain and how they function as well as why you do things. She says it helps you learn about yourself and other people.

Palacios says ¨ I wish we had more AP classes to expand my knowledge and also boost my GPA.¨ 

These are just a few recommendations from different people some classes they enjoyed and some classes you can think about taking next semester.