Warm Weather In The Shores

We are heading into 2024 with a warmer globe than usual. It is expected to be much warmer these coming weeks than many expected. It can excite many and possibly bum out others.

With the weather being so outdoor-friendly many participants in sports or other hobbies are either having a ton of fun or are upset.

Sam Maniaci, senior, said, “ I love the outdoors I have so many hobbies that it needs to be nice to do.”

Baseball, fishing, and dirt biking are some things people might’ve had the opportunity to do. The lack of snow and freezing temperatures has allowed people to get outside and play the sports they enjoy. 50 degrees might not sound super warm to people from other states, but for the student body at Lake Shore, it’s a ripe time to do your outdoor activities.

On the other hand, with no snow many skiers and snowboarders have been left with an underwhelming season. Owen McSherry, senior said, “ I love to ski so it’s sad to see the snow melt.”

With every pro, there comes a con and this is the situation McSherry and many other students at Lake Shore have had to face.

Although instead of being down in the dumps McSherry replied, “ It’s always nice to see blue skies when you’ve had three months of crappy weather.”

These early blue skies and warm winds don’t come often for us here at Lake Shore and it’s been nice to see the students and staff share their excitement and warm weather plans with each other.

Let’s hope for some more great weather and an even better start to the new semester.