Shorian Donors Saving Lives

Shorians “Turned a new leaf” and “Fell into giving blood” on Monday, November 6th. Lake Shore held a blood drive many Shorians were motivated to help others and donate blood.

The blood drive was available to anyone who decided they wanted to donate if you were older than 17 you could simply sign up, but if you are 16 or younger you would have to have a signed consent form from your parent.

“My aunt had a blood transfusion that saved her life and I want to be somebody who can also help save lives,” said Eric Dubiel, senior, and donor.

Everyone that was interviewed had never donated blood before so it was very generous for them all to decide to start now.

“I was a little light-headed maybe dizzy but nothing crazy,” said Josephine Gore, senior, and donor.

The people in charge of the blood drive recommend having a “healthy meal” before and drinking “plenty of water” to help prevent these effects from happening afterward.

“I just felt like it was something I could do,” said Vance Rutledge, senior, and donor.

“I had to sit there for a while the guy that was taking my blood I was talking to him the whole time he was really cool,” said Rutledge.