Prom 2024: What’s New?

Prom is just around the corner, and last you heard from The Shoreline, Johnny Wujek partnered with JcPenny and donated Lake Shore High School $50,000 to go towards the 2024 prom. The theme has been revealed as “Casino Royale,” a James Bond/black tie theme.

One of the many gifts given to the students was gift cards for dresses/tuxedos. There are Men’s Warehouse and JcPenny/salon gift cards. Senior, Vance Harvey, was a recipient of a Men’s Warehouse gift card.

Principal, Dr. Janelle Bross, said, “We have given over $9,000 in gift cards to students!” Analytically, that is almost 20% of the money given just in gift cards!

Some students have been upset about the controversial topic of guests. Originally seniors were told that they and their guests would both be free, but weeks later, it came out that guests would have to pay if they wanted to attend. If you want to learn more about that, read the article on The Shoreline written by Michael Mehlhose!

With the $50,000 donated, everything is being upgraded to the max. Food, decorations, you name it! A tactic that senior class advisor Robert Couck is using is to get some generic decorations so they can be reused in the future.

Dr. Bross said, “The food is the biggest upgrade we are making!” The food is always a good part of prom, but this year’s will hopefully be the best yet.

The Shoreline can’t share much more, but Dr. Bross is confident that the seniors will have an amazing time at prom!

Seniors, are you prom ready? The Shoreline cannot wait to see your Casino Royale looks on May 23, 2024 at Blossom Heath.