11th Annual Shorian Tastefest

Mia Hahn, Senior Editor

The annual Shorian Tastefest brings the community together through the magic of good food only once a year. March 1st, the Tastefest made it’s 11th annual appearance, leaving us excited, and our mouths, watering. The event was highly anticipated in The Shores, so here’s what you missed on the first of March this year. This year’s festival featured fantastic food from over 20 local restaurants, and offered the chance to win thousands of dollars in raffle prizes. There was live entertainment provided by fellow classmates, and students took the opportunity to shop some local brands.

The idea behind the Tastefest, for those unfortunately unfamiliar, is that for an entry fee of 15 dollars, you sample food from tons of local restaurants. The money from this event goes to our very own Shorian football team. Lake Shore students regularly make a meal of it, grabbing enough to fill their plates with a diverse array of the best food the shores has to offer. This year’s Tastefest offered more than delicious food. Years past have featured a live band and raffles, with last year’s event offering a prom dress boutique. The annual Tastefest is a good time for Lake Shore’s students, but with all that there is to be offered, it’s a fun event for families and people of all ages.

Lake Shore’s own garage band ‘7 Days A Year’ has made a consistent showing at the Shorian Tastefest, not only to sample the food, but to perform. When asked about their attendance this year, band member Callen Fields discussed the band’s impressive record. Fields said, “We are thrilled to be playing for our third consecutive year.” There’s no doubt that the event is one of their favorites to play. When asked about their audience, Fields said, “there’s always lots of people who want good food, and to support the football team.” Fields, along with his band members, were excited to make another annual appearance at this year’s Tastefest. 

This once-a-year event was not one to be skipped. Drawn in with the promise of good food, music, and the chance to win thousands in raffles and auctions, Shorians attended in full force! The event raised hundreds of dollars in proceeds that will go to the Lake Shore football program. Those who did not attend missed out! If you’re already regretting skipping out this year (how could you not!), the Tastefest will be back for its 12th annual year, as always, on the first Sunday in March.