Vance Harvey Bowls Over The Competition

Michael Roda, Writer

Vance Harvey is a junior and a member of the bowling team here at Lake Shore High School. He’s been a member of the bowling team since he was a freshman back in 2020, meaning that this year marks his third year on the bowling team, and he continues to bowl over the competition.

Starting off, Harvey revealed, “I come from a family of bowlers, both my grandparents’ bowl, my mom bowls, my dad bowls, so I just came from a group of bowlers”.

Afterward, Harvey took a deep dive into his own history as a talented bowler. He stated, “I’ve been bowling since I was 6, so, if I was 13 when I came to Lake Shore, I would’ve been bowling for about 6 years.”

Harvey, carrying on, said, “One of my biggest accomplishments would’ve been making the match play, and coming in 7th place, out of 80 bowlers.”

Over the years, Harvey has proven he has the true skill that makes him such an inspiring bowler. He is very grateful and proud for his long roots pertaining to his success in the sport.

“My bowling idol would be my dad; he is the one that inspired me the most, and coached me all throughout my childhood, he really was there for me going into bowling,” Harvey expressed.

Following that, Harvey gave some insightful details regarding the bowling program.

Harvey explained, “Lake Shore has been known for having one of the better bowling programs throughout the state and so, it really brings in a lot of college recruitment, and a lot of colleges look at you for your bowling”.

With this feature coming to a close, Harvey decided to tell readers the greatest score he has ever earned on the lanes, “My highest score is a 266, I’ve bowled a 300 before, but it really wasn’t in a tournament, or a meet, or anything that keeps track of your statistics.”

So, in summary, Harvey is an incredible addition to the bowling team at Lake Shore High School, and he will have a great 2022 – 2023 season. Since Harvey has been bowling since he was 6, and some of his family members bowl, this means he has a good bowling background. This point is reinforced when Harvey revealed that he bowled a 300 before, it’s only happened 34 times in the history of the Professional Bowlers Association, and only 4 players have bowled 300 twice. So, if Harvey knows how to bowl 300, that could allow his bowling career to extend not only beyond high school, but into collegiate, and even into the Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) Tour.

Harvey said, “I come from a family of bowlers, both my grandparents’ bowl, my mom bowls, my dad bowls, so I just came from a group of bowlers”, and “I’ve been bowling since I was 6, so, if I was 13 when I came to Lake Shore, I would’ve been bowling for about 6 years.”

These 6 years of bowling, will help him tremendously in the rest of his bowling career, regardless of whether he quits after high school, goes on to bowl collegiately, or goes to the big leagues, and bowls on the Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) Tour, Harvey has got a bright bowling future ahead of him.