Moving Into Baseball Season

The Lake Shore baseball team is in a fortunate position this year. People around the team expect something different than in previous years. Only time will tell with the first game this Thursday, March 21st. 

With a more stable and upgraded roster, the Shorians aim high this year. They’re not just looking for wins, but championships and trophies to put on display. The last time the baseball team won a conference or district championship was in 2013. Since then, it’s been season after season of letdowns and disappointment. 

This mixture of players reunites after playing on JV together two years ago. A fun and talented team finished that year excited and driven to make the program better. After some time of development, we have older, stronger, better players back together. 

Junior, Steven Likin, explains, “We should be a lot better this year because we all played on JV a couple of years ago and were a good team, so there should be even more chemistry. 

There has been commitment across the team during the offseason. Likins added, “This year I feel prepared with all of the 4-man workouts we’ve been doing, time in the weight room, and guys going up the field on their own time.”

Improvement in the team should lead to a better record and more enjoyable games.The past decade has brought disappointment to the record books and to the fans of Lake Shore. 

Senior, Dante Messina, explained, “last year was a very tough year, not that we didn’t have the talent, it’s just we went through ups and downs with coaches and whatnot.”

This year is clearly different from the last. Zeal and passion are rising through this team to prove to themselves and the rest of Lake Shore that we aren’t pushovers on everyone’s schedule and that it shouldn’t be embarrassing to join our sports teams. 

Lake Shore’s baseball team is pushing to change their narrative. Their first home game is on April 4th at Kyte Monroe. Come out to cheer and support your team!