Lake Shore High School Kicks Off The Girls Soccer Season

Ava Pittiglio and Josephine Gore

Spring sports are a key part of Lake Shore High School’s life. One of these sports that many look forward to is girls soccer. Between the players, coaches, and fans, everyone is excited for the season.

Lindsay Jacob, senior, plays goalkeeper for the girls soccer team. She is excited for her senior year saying, “I look forward to playing with my friends.”

Five other seniors play for the girls soccer team. They all have great chemistry with each other and part of that is because of their friendships on and off the field.

Jacob said, “I think it [the season] will be good this year.” She continues on to say, “It’s going to be a lot better than last year. We have better talent this year.”

This season, there are many new freshmen that have joined Lake Shore’s team. They all contribute great talent, abilities, and attitude towards the team.

Freshman, Charleyse Mcintyre, who plays center back said, “We have some great new additions to the team, including me.”

Megan Morell, a sophomore on the team who plays forward said, “I think this season will go great. We got a really good team this year. With a lot of seniors and a lot of talent, I can’t wait to see what happens.”

Morell believes that this year will be better than last year. She said, “I think it’s going to be a huge improvement. We will see after our first game, but I think it’s going to be good.”

After moving down a division, coach Christopher Gwozdz has high hopes for the team. He said, “I have really really high expectations and hopes for the team this year. We got a few players back from injury. We have a few incoming freshmen who I’m really excited to see how they develop and play. So, I think in the division we play in, we should be competing for a championship.”

Gwozdz believes that this season will be better than last. He said, “We are really surrounding ourselves with players who have a really good attitude and just want to get better.”

In their division, Lake Shore players are up against many great teams. Overall, players believe that Lakeview and Sterling Heights are their biggest competitors.

Jacob said, “I think our biggest competition is Lakeview, but in our league, it’s probably Sterling Heights.”

Many of Jacob’s teammates agreed with her. They are ready to play confidently against Lakeview this year.
Gwozdz says, “I want to beat Lakeview a lot this year. They don’t play in our league, but that’s a big ole game we have circled on our calendar.” Gwozdz continues on with “I do think Warren Woods Tower and Sterling Heights are going to be the teams that we are looking to beat this year.”

Lake Shore’s girls soccer team is looking promising this season with many new additions and new talent. The girls have currently won one out of two games. Their next game is Wednesday, March 29. They are playing their rivals Lakeview.