The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What Makes A Good Teacher

We can all think back and remember the teacher who influenced us. Here at Lake Shore, there are a couple teachers that stand out!

Grace Hanke, a senior at Lake Shore said, “I would have to say Mrs. Lebiecki.”

Lebicki, who is a Lake Shore alumni, specializes in English, teaching 9th grade English, Honors 9th grade English, Yearbook, and Journalism. This year marks her 11th year teaching at Lake Shore.

Hanke added, “Not only is she a good teacher, but also she has a relationship with all of her students, and I feel like I could tell her anything.”

Junior, Natalie Kelly said, “A teacher that has stood out to me has been Mr. Alter.”

Alter, who also graduated from Lake Shore, is a first-year band director at both the middle school and the high school.

Kelly added, “I feel like he understands us and can relate to us because he is a younger teacher.”

Hanke also mentioned another name, saying, “Another teacher that stood out to me was Mr. Daly.”

Daly was a finance teacher at Lake Shore. He spent 34 years in the education field, and he was heavily involved in coaching. Since retiring last year, has continued his drive to spread positivity in everyday life.

Hanke added, “He was such a kind person, but he loved every single one of his students and was literally there to talk for anything, anyone, and any problem you had.”

Many students have looked up to many teachers. However, I believe one of the most influential teachers at Lake Shore is Phil Cerrasco. I believe this because he is so open with his students, sharing stories about his childhood, memories with his late wife, and so much more. Cerrasco is just full of ebullience, he can also make anyone’s mood better just with one conversation.

To close, teachers can have some of the biggest impact on a student’s life. It’s important to realize how much teachers love their students, and that we as students show them the respect they deserve.

View Comments (1)