Shorians Donating Blood

The Shorians are hosting a blood drive again this year. Blood drives represent sacrifice and selflessness, which is exactly what we want to stand for here.

There is nothing greater than to serve the other members of your community and possibly people far away. A small act of kindness like this goes a long way for others and makes you feel better as well. Senior Andrew Creson said this in an interview “What it means for me to have the blood drive is that those in need are being helped.”

There is compassion throughout our school and this is one of the many ways to show your love for others. Creson also said in the interview, “ What made me want to donate was really just the idea and their motto. They told everyone that just a liter of blood can save three lives.”

Donating blood shows you are willing to give a little for others to receive a lot. The blood drive was started a few years ago but during COVID-19, it was impossible to do so there was a slight hiatus. Now that it is back up and running there is plenty of excitement to give to to others. The head of NHS and school counselor Anne Rancillio shared her favorite part of the blood drive saying, “It’s exciting for volunteers to be a part of this and to make others smile.”

Our community is a driving factor to the success of the blood drive. Not only the people themselves deciding to volunteer, but also the NHS members who work earnestly day in and day out to advertise and support this event. When asked in an interview Rancilio said, “ It shows our commitment to the community and willingness to help others.”

During last year’s blood drive, we missed our goal by one donation. With your help, we can continue to exceed expectations and help people in need. This is something to take pride in doing and being apart of.