The Student News Site of Lake Shore High School

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

The Shoreline

Polls

Who is visiting LSHSShoreline.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Clicks and Scores: Lake Shore High’s Digital Dive Into Online Testing

Last week, Lake Shore High School Juniors took the long and exhausting SAT and WorkKey Standardized Tests.

While standardized tests can be tiring and lengthy, Lake Shore Juniors have the pros and cons of the test itself, the environment, and materials.

Junior, Mackenzie Pomeroy, said, “The room I was testing in had its advantages and disadvantages. The WorkKeys test was worse because of the big, echoey gym, but SAT was more relaxed and smaller and the SAT classroom was a bit claustrophobic.” 

On the contrary, Junior, Anthony Aluzzo, says, “The smaller, more condensed work environment with fewer students helped me focus on the test.”

Something new to Lake Shore Juniors this year is the first online version of the SAT. This is the first time for not only students but also teachers as well navigate the online SAT. Junior, Sophia Moyaert, says, “ The test being online had made it harder to concentrate after a while. If I could change anything about the test I would probably want it to be on paper again and have everyone have the same questions again.” 

Once again, on the contrary, Aluzzo, says, “SAT being online made it easier for me. It helped me focus more on the test and made it quicker to navigate.”

This year’s juniors have mixed opinions on these standardized test formats and materials. Being online has helped some but is unfavorable for some. This is an ongoing debate that reflects a larger conversation about the roles of going about these tests in education.